Friday, March 10, 2006

Should This Blog Get Serious?

Should I post anything important in my blog? For now, it is a bit of a playground. I'd like to keep it that way. I figure I have about 5 readers... Each of them leaves comments occasionally... Hello, Bella, Anda, Jaime, Maddy, and Matti! I think that's about it for fans!

This has been a tough week. I have been struggling to keep with school work and life and sleep all at the same time. Usually sleep suffers the most. Personsal life suffers the second most. School work/research seems to get the most atttention. It seems that I am taking my priorities in the wrong order.

Today, I turned in an abstract for a paper at the International Astonautical Congress, October 2-6, 2006 in Valencia, Spain. The abstract may have been a bit over ambitious in it's claims. I have to actually accomplish what I put in the abstract. I really believe I can do it, with hard work. My advisor told me that if I really get all of the stuff done that I claimed I would do, it would be enough of an accomplishment to award me a PhD (well, that and Generals Exams, Disseration, and the Dissertation Defense...). I hope he really means it. Not only will I have completed the hard part of my PhD, I will get a trip to Spain to present my work... These are the fringe benfits of living on a graduate stipend. I just hope they have donut burgers in Valencia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brody the Bulldog said...

Me too! I like Sr. SpaceMonkey!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

donut burgers? I am intrigued and distgusted all at the same time. You´ll love spain, but most importantly what a great opportunity for you. hang in there!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home