Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My Trip Begins

This is my first real entry in my blog.. For now, I'm just going to
use email to write this entry, as I am on a plane with my laptop.
Later on, I'll get more fancy and use the editor to add photos.

I am currently on a plane to Shanghai. This entry will not be posted
until I arrive and connect to the internet.

Maddy and I had a great in Los Angeles. We arrived on Friday afternoon
(October 7th). We immediately rented a car and rushed to the Chinese
Consulate to apply for my visa to visit Shanghai for 3 days. I didn't
realize when I booked this trip, but apparently everyone needs a visa to
enter China for any reason! You even need a letter from someone in
China inviting you to visit. Fortunately, I was able to contect Ben
and have him fax a letter to me the night before I left.

more later...

--
My name is Bill Simmons and I approved this message.

4 Comments:

Blogger Spazlee said...

Hello Bill. Welcome to the blogging world. Be sure to put tons of photos ok.

Peace.
Spazlee

11:05 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

Post some pictures from China when you have them!! Have a great trip!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Anda Aquino said...

So you think I'll need a visa to go to HK? with a US Passpost?

Had fun eating goose feet at Shun's wedding with you and Maddy!
Dont' forget to post all your pics up from then too!

DA

7:33 PM  
Blogger srspacemonkey said...

you need just need a visa to visit the mainland, actually..

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home